We envision a world where communities everywhere design and use technology to continuously improve their health, safety and development.
Our mission is to improve global health, safety and sustainable development through:
- Collaborating with End Users through a human-centered design and development process
- Co-Creating Tools to support collaboration for social good
- Ensuring Impact through research and evaluation
- Building Capacity within communities to foster a local culture of innovation
As an organization we are committed to guide our work towards a vision based on shared values:
- Social Responsibility: Progress can be made in reducing human suffering, death, and disease on a local and global level. We believe we must use all our skills, knowledge and experience to make a positive impact on global health and safety.
- Collaboration: Collaboration is a driving force in overcoming information silos and divisions, allowing different communities and sectors to work together effectively to achieve common goals. We shape our programs and technologies to support and enhance local and global collaboration aimed at achieving meaningful social impact.
- Agility: We believe the most effective programs and technologies are flexible, iterative and are built on joint participation of the communities they serve. We work in incremental and adaptive steps, side-by-side with our stakeholders and beneficiaries, to jointly design programs and technologies with a measurable impact.
Interested in joining our team to use design-thinking and open source technology for social good?
There are several ways you can engage to use your expertise:
- The Global Ambassador Program is designed to work flexibly with health and technology professionals virtually on specific and tangible projects for a three month period, part-time, for ten hours per week.
- Our Internship Programs also offer undergraduate and graduate students the means to gain valuable work and writing experience while contributing to our cause.